Monday, December 23, 2013

It's All Downhill From Here

I have noticed lately that I log onto blogger a couple of times a week and I'm always disappointed when no one has updated. Sadly enough it's only been in the last week that I've realized how long it's been since I updated myself! I can't realistically expect all you ladies to update if I haven't even updated my own blog in over a month!!

Since my last update David has finished all of his interviews (about 20 total), I finished my Fall classes AND my incomplete which gave me a 4.0 for my Summer and Fall semesters. SCORE! Also I'm sorry you cannot read this, but I still have to share since my grades have been on my mind 24/7 for the last year.
As for Davie, he has thoroughly enjoyed his friends and teachers at daycare, so much so that he has quite literally broken down when I came to pick him up (where's the love kid?).
This is from October, his teachers send us pictures occasionally, they learned all about leaves. The cute little asian boy on the far left is named Henry and he is only day younger than Davie. Davie calls him Henny, and gets really excited when he sees him. One of the little girls in his class is named Sloane and Davie calls her Sloan-y, Davie really likes to say people's names. It has been fun to see him with others his age and he both enjoys and thrives in the company of others. Our house is truly a disappointment now that he knows other children exist haha. 
David and I got to enjoy a completely Davie-free evening (our first since our birthdays) last weekend at fancy restaurant in Toledo to celebrate the end of all things this semester. Thanks to the lovely Mike and Lauren Warden for watching him, you two have been such a blessing this year! The food was AMAZING and short of lobster I insisted that we both chose something off the menu that we would not ever normally get, this was a multi-purpose celebration so this dinner also encompassed our joint Christmas present to each other. I enjoyed the best fillet mignon I've ever had and David had an excellent New York strip steak. The celebration was extra fun because I made David ask the waitress to bring me my Coke in a wine glass. It's funny because as soon as you are pregnant people assume that's the only reason you are not drinking.
It was a little early since my grades had not posted, I hadn't finished my incomplete and David still had interviews the following week. David mentioned that while we were eating, but I insisted that we relax and enjoy our evening. Thankfully even though it was premature our celebration was validated later the next week when my grades posted, my teacher considered my work for my class complete and David successfully finished the last of his interviews. Technically David has one more interview for here in Toledo and a couple of others, but he only plans to attend the one in Toledo. My next semester is a measly 7 credits, which consists of my thesis and a adobe photoshop class (my first and only "just for fun" class). 

I would have to say our phrase to sum up this year TRULY is 
"We laughed, we cried, but we survived".

 I am very much looking forward to a NEW year, with LOTS of changes 2013 was not my most favorite year as of late.

2 comments:

L said...

That's SO great! You should be so proud of yourself for working so hard in school and balancing a hubby who was gone half the year and a toddler who is one adorable busy boy. YAY!!! Yay for a successful college career!! You rock!

Cailey said...

Kari, I'm pathetic... I hardly, and rarely post. I have nothing to post about, nothing interesting nor exciting. I'm the stalker, I love reading about everyone, seeing how things are going. Maybe when I have kids I'll be more exiting!

More to Read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Visitors since June 2010