To put all these interviews into perspective I was worried about David's away rotations and yet David will be home a grand total of 7 days this month. David is drove to Rochester New York last night (6 hours), interviewed this afternoon and is already driving straight to New Hampshire (5 hours 53 minutes) to interview at Dartmouth. We tried to get him flights, trains or buses so that the poor man wouldn't have to drive so much, but there was NOTHING. After that he drives all the way back to Cleveland (10 and a half hours), flies to Texas, interviews, gets on another plane, interviews in New Mexico and then finally lands back in Cleveland at 11 pm on Thursday. After all that he still has to drive 3 hours to get home to Toledo! Poor guy.
So when people ask me what his schedule is like or what he is up to I'm kind of at a loss for words without a LENGTHY story or a "He's crazy busy". And that is JUST this next week, every week this month is almost identical in terms of buy-ness. I am still pretty busy myself, I just don't have to leave the state to get done what I need to get done. However school is at a tiny bit of a slow down for me right now, hence the 3 blog posts in less than a week.
Take Saturday and Sunday for instance. David flew into Detroit on Saturday at 5:10 pm and left at about 3:15pm on Sunday. He was not even home for a full 24 hours after being gone to Arizona for two whole weeks! I'll be brutally honest, it's been tough and when Davie watched Daddy leave from the window on Saturday he started to cry. It's a good thing Davie didn't get too worked up or he would have made me cry too! We had a good weekend regardless of all of our time constraints. I was able to go enjoy some crafting at Soup-er Saturday with Lauren, afterwards was when we got to go get Daddy and eat some dinner together.

Davie helping uncle Mike put the tables away after Soup-er Saturday
Such a cute little boy. Except for his finicky eating habits. That night he ate about 3 tiny bites of his corn dog and then proceeded to refuse to eat it. David then got the bright idea to dip the hotdog into our whip cream from our celebratory mudpie to get Davie to eat it. (Warning graphic picture below).
Hotdog, fudge, carmel and whip cream anyone?
Davie helping uncle Mike put the tables away after Soup-er Saturday
I made this headband and put it on Davie's head. To my surprise he liked it and even got upset when I took it off. Also even though this is not the best picture of me (I feel like my eyes are pretty squinty) and I haven't been feeling super great about my physical appearance lately but after looking at this picture I was able to be quite a bit more thankful. It's reassuring to have a different (positive) viewpoint of yourself every now and then.
A better view of that headband straight on,
and a perfect to the side profile. He was a very good model. I'm excited to see it on our new baby girl.... soon enough! So now just a random story. I have a sister-in law who is due about 2 weeks before me and a week or so ago she asked me if I just wished it was already February and I already had my new baby. It was funny because I realized I am not really impatient this time around. I'm in no way dreading having two children, but I guess since I have Davie to keep me busy (and love on) I am not feeling the rush like last time. Not to mention the fact that I CANNOT bring myself to think passed the end of this semester (mid December). ONE step at a time is all I can handle right now.
Anyways back to this weekend. Davie was super excited to see Daddy and broke out in a half cry giggle fit at the airport when we picked Daddy up. It was really sad, but so sweet. I kept thinking I would get a picture of the three of us together but as per usual I managed to forget. Instead you get to see Davie being super cute eating some fruit at Red Robin. That was the place we chose to celebrate my A on my educational psychology midterm and David's GREAT step 2 score of 250. I am so proud of him!Such a cute little boy. Except for his finicky eating habits. That night he ate about 3 tiny bites of his corn dog and then proceeded to refuse to eat it. David then got the bright idea to dip the hotdog into our whip cream from our celebratory mudpie to get Davie to eat it. (Warning graphic picture below).
Hotdog, fudge, carmel and whip cream anyone?
Oh yes he did.
I don't know if you can call getting your toddler to eat his whole hotdog a victory if it was covered in whip cream. Don't judge us, or rather, David haha this was NOT my idea ;) It had me laughing a LOT though, it was a great evening together. I love my little family.
As for next month, I'd love to say December will be better, but it won't be until after the 18th or 19th (I can't remember the exact day). I'm just glad that after Thanksgiving my school slows down QUITE a bit. My finals week is pretty cushy too and my toughest class (educational psychology) is my last test by almost a week, which is promising in terms of my ability to concentrate and study. I'm not sure I'd be able to say this, and to be honest I've been avoiding it so as not to get too excited, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Our joint school marathon is ALMOST over.
1 comment:
You look great! I love the baby bump. And when your kids are picky anything is a victory am I right? Who cares if it's a hot dog dipped in whipped cream, they're eating! :) You're one tough chick to go to school, raise a baby, and enjoy the ups and downs of pregnancy all while your hubby goes to med school! Go Kari!
Post a Comment