Thursday, September 19, 2013

A Week in the Life

This a glimpse of my week last week. AND  I actually have some pictures of myself on this post.
Last Monday was super gloomy but the cool weather was so WELCOME in my book. 
Sadly the day ended at a SuPeR hot muggy 94ish degrees Fahrenheit, whew!

Monday- 9:30- 10:45 AM is my Child development for early childhood educators
A great class, the teacher has a doctorate and yet she is still super nice and talkative. In fact one of my favorite things she has done so far was write the class an email and sign it- Dr. Kovach (aka Lisa). She's cool. 
This picture is from this week not last Monday because I forgot.... even though I go to this classroom twice a week. My thumbs up is because I waited (like a Dengus) to do my birth defects powerpoint until 40 min before class started. The thumbs up is because I finished at about 9:32, right as class started.
After my child development class I break until, 
2:00- 3:15 for Essentials of Helping Relationships
This class is for counseling majors and I have learned so much about communication with clients that I think is super useful in regular conversations with friends, family and anyone else you interact with. I chose it because if time allows in the future I have thought quite seriously about working for LDS services helping young women considering adoption. 
Check out that free campus nutrition up there! Cheetos, a cookie AND fruit punch soda, that's most of the food groups right there, trust me.
Gotta love waiting 20 some odd minutes just to get out of the parking garage. Also I have to say (at least here) college students are just about as awful as high school drivers. Its scary.
Tuesday- Is my BELOVED art class, from 9:00 AM to noon.
Seriously its my favorite 3 hours every week (minus family time obviously), and I NEVER would have guessed how much I LOVE it. We make curriculum lesson based on the little kid art projects we do in class, SOOO FUN!
This is my journal. We work on them for the first 30 minutes of every class. It's just an old library book that we get to paint, color, cut, tape, glue and write all over in, whatever we want. Let's just say I have gotten SOOOO many super fun ideas from this class of inexpensive things I can do with Davie after this semester ends. Have I mentioned that my teacher is the sweetest lady, and basically as long as she can tell you are putting forth effort you pass. Like I said I am in LOVE with this class.
 Don't you love the glasses I made this week? 
Wednesday- Is my NUTTY day. 
9:30- 10:45 AM Child development 
Then RUN for my 
11:00- 1:30 Applied Psychology for Educators class.
This class is awesome we discussed things like intrinsic motivation and all kinds of theories that relate to childhood cognitive development and working with kids at their level. It pushes my ability to remember at times but it too is a great class. 
Then from 2:00- 3:15 PM I have Helping relationships again. Afterwards I am exhausted. Between not really having a lunch break, walking between all the classes and actually using my brain I'm zonked.
Thursday- 9:30- noon Introduction to Education 
This is my "oh yea I procrastinated" face. Technically this was before the story I told you up above (that was the following Monday). Not the greatest habit but I finished my presentation in time and then I didn't have to present anyways because we ran out of time. I'm a little apprehensive about this class because the teachers have been grading 10 point assignments like they are some kind of involved reasearch papers and my grades have really stunk. It's just really frustrating that an intro level 1700 class might possibly end up being more difficult then my Educational Psychology class that is a 3300 level. So annoying. Have I mentioned that the teacher is pretty darn old and super long winded... bleh, longest 3 hours of the week.
Friday- My "day off" (yea right).
Davie made this last week, and I love his little hand prints.
I'll add a little about Davie in here now. I was taking him everyday while David was in Minnesota and it was so rough because his daycare is unfortunately NOT close to our house or my school. Thankfully when David got back he started taking Davie because his school IS super close to Davie's daycare. Saves my life every morning, I love that man! Fridays are about a 50/50 in terms of whether or not Davie goes to daycare and sadly as more goes on at school I think he will end up going more and more. Have I mentioned how happy I am with his current daycare. It's so wonderful and the ladies love him.
I have them fill out one of these just about everyday because I like to know what he has been up to. I debated on whether or not to share it because it has his diapers on here and I don't want to be one of those parents who does the "over-sharenting". If you look at the bottom you will notice that they circled happy and busy, they do that just about everyday and every now and then they circle curious too. 
This is the only thing I hate about daycare. Davie tends to breakdown afterwards. I can't decide if he's tired, hungry, suddenly under-stimulated so he gets annoyed or what, I just wish he was not a screaming ball of tears in an enclosed car on the way home. It's not exactly something I look forward to after being gone from him all day. Sad but true, thank goodness this ends after the second week in December. 

No comments:

More to Read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Visitors since June 2010